Saturday, May 21, 2011

 

Herriman Saturday

January 27 and 28 1908 --Herriman is off and running with a new series, Today in Sports. Because it is sports editorializing it doesn't qualify for my index (which specifically excludes series of a purely editorial nature), so I'm very glad to be able to share the find here. We'll be seeing quite a few more episodes of this series in upcoming Herriman Saturdays -- and also a new series I bet you've never seen that does qualify for my index.
January 28 1908 -- The Belasco's latest production is Commencement Days, starring most of the usual suspects. Although the play got a good review from the Examiner, it seems not to have caught on big, and I find no reference of it being staged after 1909.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]