Monday, November 26, 2012

 

Obscurity of the Day: Experiences





This is a rather loose sort of series by one of my favorite zany cartoonists of the 1900s, George Frink (even his name sounds zany!). The only real commonality among the strips is that they are titled with the word 'Experiences', so, genius that  am, I pounced on it as a series.

Frink's Experiences were on display in the Chicago Daily News' daily b&w comics page. I recorded the running dates as March 15 to June 3 1902, but Cole Johnson, who supplied the samples above, claims he had a few from February. Not terribly surprising, I suppose, that I didn't catch on to this being a series right away while I was indexing the microfilm.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]